Friday, March 5, 2021

In Memory of Mom

 



It's been over a year now that my adopted mother, the woman who raised me, bandaged my knees, taught me strength and shared her wisdom, passed away. We lost Mom in October of 2019 from her third and final battle with cancer. She fought the disease valiantly for several decades and won twice. But, it would be the first cancer, thyroid, she had ever been diagnosed with that would return with a vengeance and claim her life in this final battle. So many of life's lessons that I was taught by this pillar of strength come rushing back to me when I walk through the woods ( hiking and walks surrounded by nature were enjoyed from a young age), listen to music ( she was a concert pianist, my father an opera singer), and even read a book( we always compared notes about the latest great book we had read). She also taught me that it was Alright to be adopted, that I was loved by two mothers, one who loved me enough to place me into the arms of another who was able to raise me with love. And later helped me find and reunite with my birth mother as well. So, it is with a heart full of gratitude that I honor her memory with this memorial put together in Second Life to keep her near in both worlds. And the reason I will continue to relay and strive to help as I am able to help raise funding for cancer research. 



SHOPPING LIST

Some fantastic decor items for you on sale at These are on sale at SL Home and Garden Expo February 27 - March 21 to benefit Relay for Life in their battle against cancer. 

*Thus Magic*~ Double Embraced Tree with grass & shadow, resize script, mesh, copy

*Thus Magic*~Three Photo Display Columns - White, Black, Red add your own picture and text. Great for memorials, weddings, and decorations. 

*Thus Magic*~ Sakura Tree  White_4 Round 

Mesh w/shadow copy/mod 

You can find their booth in the Mall Area on Hope 8 at the Expo


Fantasy China - Between the Stars - Mesh Animated Confetti Dream Tree Lights S-4 

Includes 1 animated Model  and 1 non animated model 

Fantasy China - Between the Stars - Mesh Animated Magical Lighted Flowers -50 % Donation Item. Includes 1 animated Model and 1 non animated model

Fantasy China - Between the Stars - Mesh Celestial Bubbles s-3 -  This is a 50% Donation Item

Fantasy China - Between the Stars -  Mesh Magical Flat Bush Lights - Includes 1 animated Model and 1 non animated model. This is a Hunt Item 

You can also find their booth in the Mall Area on Hope 8 at the Expo



No comments:

Post a Comment