Friday, September 27, 2019

Her Legacy



Cancer is a reality that strikes hard and close to home. Sometimes a bit too close. My family and I have been dealing with this very real disease as our beloved mother battles against it. I want to take some time to reflect on how amazing this woman is to me. It began when I was size months old and this family, who had adopted two other children already, decided to open up their hearts and homes to me as well. Later, we would gain twin siblings through adoption as well. We were raised with love and learned so many valuable lessons throughout our lives. One of these lessons I was taught was strength. The ability to rise above a challenge and see things through for better or worse. This strength that she taught up through growing up in challenging times has become the strength we now lend to her in this time of need. Mother also taught me a love of music, even when I hated those piano lessons, she insisted I keep trying. I look back on that now and am very thankful for learning this love of music (mother was a concert pianist and father was an opera singer). We grew up in a family of musicians and singers and family reunions were always great. Another lesson learned was the love of the constellations and planets. My eldest son mentioned his own memory of her telling him to remember as she pointed out Orion to him as a boy "no matter how far apart we are, you just need to look up at the sky and know I am there looking at Orion with you". 

So, in honor of these fantastic memories and hopefully many to come, I have dedicated this post to her with a few of the items which remind me of these life lessons. A special thank you to Sassy Brts as I opened the blogger package for Rock your Rack, I saw the Courage sign and found that strength again. 

Shopping List


Sassy Brats - Courage sign

DUST - Books Photo Shelf
Add your own photo option, this item gives 100% proceeds to the Breast Cancer Foundation at Rock Your Rack. 

DUST - Lighted Photo Shelf 
Put your own pictures in the frames, includes texture hud with 4 wood options. Exclusive at Rock your Rack. 

Angelic Designs - [Symphonia] Grand Piano (Black))
Comes with a texture change menu for the cushion, roses and candles. It has an animation for single male/female, and couples animations for friends, and cuddles. In addition there are 2 size person animations included for hanging out with friends, what a great photo op!  It even plays music, touch the music sheet and you get a menu of several songs to choose from. 

Roawenwood Stargazers Telescope
Part of the Stargazers Astronomers set which includes Telescope, table, and candle with single and couples animations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment